Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TTTTT what is next, T or H? (1 - Writers)

Everyone will be rejected in some way at some time.

Stories of some now-famous but then-unknown writers.

Judy Blume received “nothing but rejections” for two years. “I would go to sleep at night feeling that I’d never be published. But I’d wake up in the morning convinced I would be. Each time I sent a story or book off to a publisher, I would sit down and begin something new. I was learning more with each effort. I was determined. Determination and hard work are as important as talent.”

“After spending six years writing the first instalment of her “Harry Potter” novels, J.K. Rowling was rejected by 9 publishers before London’s Bloomsbury Publishing signed her on.” (IMDB)



Shockingly, The Diary Of Anne Frank received the following rejection comment: “The girl doesn’t, it seems to me, have a special perception or feeling which would lift that book above the curiosity’ level.” The book was rejected 16 times before it was published by Doubleday in 1952. More than 30 million copies are currently in print, making it one of the best-selling books in history. (Rotten Rejections)

Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With The Wind was rejected 38 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment